Wednesday, January 17, 2007

FOR THE LOVE OF GHANA


I have been told that my blog is a bit negative. That i am painting Ghana in a bad way by highlighting the wrongs rather than the achievements. Let me make my position clear.

It is the wrongs we should focus on in order to build a better nation so all of us living in Ghana are happier. As long as we speak facts we should not worry

Needless to say Ghana is full of goodness and this is what this article is about.

The truth is i sit here by Allah (god)'s grace writing this article from my beautiful house in Accra region. The workmen almost literally hand built the house and considering this they done not too bad a job. In London i could never of afforded the equivalent property because of the ridiculous property prices there.

As you can tell i have a internet broadband connection also, something that i thought was near impossible in Africa. Construction in Ghana is at full steam you cant go anywhere without seeing houses being built. Some of them are simply magnificent by any world standard. Most of the people around me are god fearing decent and hardworking people.

I enjoy fresh food fruits, vegetables fish and meat are all in abundance. Not to mention the fresh air compared to London.

People have a higher sense of family values here also. In Ghana you don't have to worry about your children ending up being snatched, murdered or ending up in gangs. On Sundays Ghanaians put on there best dress to go to church. In the morning you will see teams of elegant dressed people, waiting to board dilapidated mini buses (Tro Tros) going to there respected churches.

I truly believe i am amongst potentially one of the best behaved groups of people on this earth. I love Ghana for increasing the quality of life it has given me and the prospects of leaving something to my children. This England fails to do miserably.

I will caution all Ghanaians leaving Ghana seeking to live in the hell hole of Europe and the USA. What is under your nose is sometimes missed especially if you don't have a polished mirror. Diasporians are your mirror,we know the evils and indecency of the west. Let us find ways to make Africa better together.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:02 pm

    Milton,

    Very nicely put. I agree with what you said. To make things better one must focus on the negatives. This is very vital.

    Aaliyah.

    ReplyDelete